Nut-Crusted Fish with Herbed Tahini Cheese SauceRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
This light and healthy Middle Eastern-inspired fish recipe is packed with protein and clean ingredients. Fresh white fish fillets are covered in a crunchy almond and coconut crust and drizzled with a creamy tahini sauce. We serve it up with a side of shirataki rice for a keto friendly summer meal that’s simple yet satisfying.
One serving of this Nut-Crusted Fish with Herbed Tahini Cheese Sauce contains 433 calories and seven grams of net carbs. It counts as three Healthy Fats and one Protein on the South Beach Diet program. Log this hearty meal in the South Beach Diet Tracker app to stay on track towards your weight loss goal. Click here to learn more about the South Beach Diet Tracker app. >
The Palm Pro Tip: To spice things up, feel free to substitute the mustard in the sauce with wasabi. You could also add a Vegetable serving to this dish by serving it up with some steamed spinach, Swiss chard or kale. Dark leafy greens are South Beach Diet-approved non-starchy veggies that are great for adding to smoothies, salads and savory dinners. Riced cauliflower is a great swap if you can’t find shirataki rice. Refer to our Grocery Guide for more examples of non-starchy vegetables that you could add to this meal.
Fish like cod, salmon and tilapia are perfect proteins for your keto friendly diet. Add these five seafood staples to your grocery list, then get inspired by the other low carb fish recipes below:
- Creamy Salmon Cucumber Cups >
- Halibut with Tapenade in Parchment >
- One-Pan Moroccan-Spiced Salmon Salad >
- Keto Friendly Crab Cakes >
- Lobster Bisque >
- Avocado Shrimp Burger >
- Cauliflower Rice Shrimp Fajita Bowl >
- Keto Friendly Avocado Crab Salad >
- Spicy Mussels with Tomato and Basil >
Looking for a healthy meal delivery service? We’re here for you! Learn more about South Beach Diet meal plans >
For even more recipes like this one, check out the book The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 3 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts or almonds, lightly toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, lightly toasted
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. ground sumac, za’atar or dried oregano (optional)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 (4.5-oz.) cod, haddock or another firm-fleshed white fish fillets
- 1 package (7-oz.) shirataki rice, prepared according to package instructions
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup mixed fresh herbs (such as flat leaf parsley, dill and cilantro), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water (more as needed)
- 1/2 tsp. harissa (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- Combine hazelnuts, coconut, lemon zest and sumac (optional) in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Pat cod fillets dry then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir together Dijon mustard, lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl, then brush over the cod.
- Roll each fillet into the hazelnut mixture and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the fish is fork tender.
- Tahini Cheese Sauce
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk tahini with parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon juice, herbs, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly add enough cold water until you get a sauce consistency. Add harissa (optional) and stir to combine.
- Drizzle tahini sauce over nut-crusted fish and serve with shirataki rice.