One-Pan Spicy Chayote ChickenRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Part of the squash family, chayote is a great addition to any dish for a low carb ingredient that packs in the flavor and nutrients. Our One-Pan Spicy Chayote Chicken recipe adds a spicy kick to make this lunch or dinner a flavor-filled diet-win.
Be sure to pick out the freshest chayote at the market and stay away from ones that are wrinkled—this means they’re old! Tossed with fresh cilantro, cayenne, garlic and lemon juice, this Spicy Chayote Chicken will spice up your menu and your weight loss journey.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 4-3oz. chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 chayote, pitted and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 small lemon, strained
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of avocado oil into a large pan. Sauté chicken chunks over medium-heat until chicken is completely cooked.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and sauté for 10 to 15 minutes until chayote is soft.