One-Pan Spicy Chayote ChickenRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Part of the squash family, chayote is a great addition to any dish for a low carb ingredient that packs in the flavor and healthy nutrients. Our One-Pan Spicy Chayote Chicken recipe adds a spicy kick to make this healthy lunch or dinner recipe a flavor-filled diet-win.
Be sure to pick out the freshest chayote at the market and stay away from ones that are wrinkled—this means they’re old! Tossed with fresh cilantro, cayenne, garlic and lemon juice, this Spicy Chayote Chicken recipe will spice up your menu and your weight loss journey.
Looking for additional chicken recipes? Check out some of our favorites below:
- Shredded Chicken Chili >
- South Beach Chicken Paella >
- Oven Fried Almond Chicken >
- Souffle Stuffed Chicken >
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry >
- Coconut Chicken >
- Mediterranean Chicken Bowl >
Lose weight and get healthy with a convenient meal delivery service! Learn more about the South Beach Diet >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 4 3-oz. chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 chayote, pitted and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 small lemon, strained
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of avocado oil into a large pan. Sauté chicken chunks over medium-heat until chicken is completely cooked.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and sauté for 10 to 15 minutes until chayote is soft.