Everything Bagel ChickenRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
No ideas for the dinner menu this week? Add this Everything Bagel Chicken to your menu, and your waistline and taste buds will be thanking you.
Hearty chicken breast is seasoned and cooked to golden perfection thanks to an Everything Bagel seasoning. Whip up this seasoning with a few simple spices or grab a ready-to-go version in the spice section at specialty stores. And that’s not the only delicious part of this mouthwatering meal—romaine lettuce complements this already delicious dish thanks to some help from the grill. That’s right—you GRILL romaine and all its crispy goodness to serve with this low-carb meal.
This recipe yields one serving, but you can easily double or triple the ingredients if you’re sharing with the family or meal prepping for the week.
Still hungry? Check out a few more of our favorite recipes:
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 0.5 Healthy Fat
- 2 Protein
- 2 Vegetables
- 1 6 oz. raw boneless, skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 Tbsp. Plain Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Everything Bagel Seasoning (directions to make below, or you purchase at a specialty store)
- 1 Head of Romaine Lettuce (or Romaine Heart)
- 1/2 Lemon
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1 Tbsp. white sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. dehydrated chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. dehydrated minced garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp. sea salt
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Combine 2 Tbsp. poppy seeds, 1 Tbsp. white sesame seeds, 1 Tbsp. black sesame seeds, 1 1/2 Tbsp. dehydrated chopped onion, 1 Tbsp. dehydrated minced garlic and 1/2 Tbsp. sea salt.
- Preheat oven to 400F and gently spray a small baking dish with olive oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat stove for high heat.
- Using a knife, slide the chicken breast in half almost all the way through, creating a pocket. Open the chicken breast and spread 1 Tbsp. cream cheese inside. Fold the top half back over.
- Season each side of the chicken breast with 1 Tbsp of the Everything Bagel Seasoning mix.
- Bring a small skillet to medium-high heat and spray lightly with the olive oil cooking spray
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side until the chicken is brown and the seasoning is golden.
- Transfer the chicken breast to the prepared baking dish, cover with aluminum foil and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Grilled Romaine
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- While the chicken is cooking, gently wash the romaine heart under water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Remove any old leaves. Keep the lettuce intact at the root so the lettuce head stays together
- Lightly spray the romaine entirely with olive oil spray and season with salt and pepper
- Grill the romaine hearts until lightly brown on all sides, turn every 1-2 minutes until done.
- Serve immediately, either left whole or cut up for salad.
- Dress simply with a squeeze of 1/2 lemon.