Almond Flour Pancakes with Whipped CreamRecipe posted in: Breakfast
These are thick, fluffy, crowd-pleasing pancakes. Serve them with whipped cream, sugar-free maple syrup and a few berries for the ultimate weekend breakfast. Add a side of bacon or breakfast sausage for extra protein!
Almond flour is the gluten-free base of this tasty and healthy breakfast recipe. Spoil the family with a homemade morning meal that’s made with simple yet satisfying ingredients. We top these flapjacks with a wholesome whipped cream that’s packed with vanilla flavor. Click here for our 3-Ingredient Homemade Whipped Cream recipe! >
Looking for more healthy breakfast recipes? Wake up to the delicious ideas below:
- Caprese Breakfast Muffins >
- Spinach and Artichoke Quiche Cups >
- Blueberry Muffins >
- One-Pan Cauliflower Hash Brown Skillet with Eggs and Sausage >
- Steak and Egg Breakfast Bowl with Kimchi and Avocado Butter Sauce >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Muffins >
- Sausage and Goat Cheese Frittata >
- Coconut Matcha Chia Pudding >
For even more recipes like this one, check out the book The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 2.5 Healthy Fat
- 0.5 Protein
- 3 Extras
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup homemade whipped cream (see link in description above)
- Whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir well until just combined.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Drop batter into the pan, 1/4 cup at a time. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden.
- Repeat with remaining butter and pancake batter until all of the pancakes are cooked.
- Divide pancakes among 3 plates, Top with whipped cream and eat immediately.