Almond Flour Pancakes with Whipped CreamRecipe posted in: Breakfast
These are thick, fluffy, crowd-pleasing pancakes. Serve them with whipped cream, sugar-free maple syrup and a few berries for the ultimate weekend breakfast. Add a side of bacon or breakfast sausage for extra protein!
Almond flour is the gluten-free base of this tasty and healthy breakfast recipe. Spoil the family with a homemade morning meal that’s made with simple yet satisfying ingredients. We top these flapjacks with a wholesome whipped cream that’s packed with vanilla flavor. Click here for our 3-Ingredient Homemade Whipped Cream recipe! >
One serving of these Almond Flour Pancakes with Whipped Cream counts as two and a half Healthy Fats, half of a Protein and three Extras on the South Beach Diet program. Start your day off the healthy way by logging this breakfast in the South Beach Diet Tracker App! It will help you stay on track, even if you have a busy schedule. Click here to learn more about our FREE weight loss app! >
Looking for more healthy breakfast recipes? Wake up to the delicious ideas below:
- Caprese Breakfast Muffins >
- Spinach and Artichoke Quiche Cups >
- Keto Friendly Blueberry Muffins >
- One-Pan Cauliflower Hash Brown Skillet with Eggs and Sausage >
- Steak and Egg Breakfast Bowl with Kimchi and Avocado Butter Sauce >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Muffins >
- Sausage and Goat Cheese Frittata >
- Coconut Matcha Chia Pudding >
Don’t feel like cooking? Stock up on convenient breakfast options from the South Beach Diet! You’ll love our Salsa and Cheese Omelet and Dark Chocolate Ricotta Muffins. Click here to explore our a la carte menu! >
Get healthy and lose weight with a keto friendly meal delivery service! The South Beach Diet brings tasty options directly to your door. Learn more about our convenient meal plans! >
For even more recipes like this one, check out the book The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 2.5 Healthy Fat
- 0.5 Protein
- 3 Extras
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup homemade whipped cream (see link in description above)
- Whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir well until just combined.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Drop batter into the pan, 1/4 cup at a time. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden.
- Repeat with remaining butter and pancake batter until all of the pancakes are cooked.
- Divide pancakes among 3 plates, Top with whipped cream and eat immediately.