Caprese Breakfast MuffinsRecipe posted in: Breakfast
Start your day off with one of these low carb Caprese Breakfast Muffins. With an array of delicious flavors, these easy-to-make muffins are a must-try.
Liven up your classic breakfast with these simple, flavor-packed egg bites. Complete with a variety of veggies and melty mozzarella cheese, these muffins are certain to become a staple on your breakfast menu.
Pro tip: If you’re doubling or tripling this recipe, place your muffin cups in a resealable plastic bag and store them in the refrigerator for up to one week. You can also store them in the freezer for up to one month. When you are ready to eat the egg muffins, warm them up in the microwave on high for about one minute.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- .5 Vegetables
- 2 Tbsp. onion, chopped
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Crack eggs into a medium-sized bowl and whisk with the almond milk until well combined.
- Add tomatoes, onions and basil into the egg mixture, stir well.
- Grease four of the muffin cups of a large muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Fill each of the sprayed muffin cups evenly with the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of each muffin cup evenly.
- Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are set and slighlty golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin cup should come out clean.
- Let muffins cool for about 5-10 minutes before using a fork or knife to remove them from the muffin tin.