One-Pan Middle Eastern Stir FryRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Looking for a healthy dinner recipe packed with flavor? Seafood stir fry is your meal prep answer! We love stir fries because they’re versatile, simple to prepare and easy to clean up! Our unique spin on this classic dish features a savory blend of middle eastern flavors. Herbaceous za’atar, parsley and salty haloumi cheese are delicious additions to this low-carb stir fry.
Can’t find prawns? You can easily swap in another protein, such as shrimp, scallops or even chicken. Feel free to also throw in other non-starchy veggies that you love. If you like a spicy kick, sliced jalapenos would be super tasty. You can also garnish with fresh herbs or green onions for extra flavor. Serve with a side of low-carb noodles for a filling meal that’s smart and satisfying.
One serving of this One-Pan Middle Eastern Stir Fry contains 325 calories. It counts as one Healthy Fat, one Protein, two Vegetables and one Extra on the South Beach Diet program. Log this DIY meal in the South Beach Diet Tracker App to stay on track with your daily meal plan! It’s the perfect tool to keep your low-carb program organized throughout your weight loss journey.
As we mentioned earlier, stir fry is extremely versatile and easy to make on the fly! It’s the perfect dish to use up what you have on hand while combining your favorite flavors and ingredients. We also have many stir fry recipes here on The Palm Weight Loss Blog that you can try! Check out some of our favorite ideas below:
- One-Pan Thai Stir Fry >
- Italian Shrimp Stir Fry >
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry >
- Mexican Stir Fry >
- Big Easy Shrimp Stir Fry >
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry >
- Thai Vegetable Stir Fry >
- Ginger Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe >
- Greek Stir Fry >
Want easy and delicious meals delivered directly to your door? We’re here for you! Sign up for a low-carb, high-protein meal plan from the South Beach Diet. Learn more here! >
For even more recipes like this one, check out the book The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 2 Vegetables
- 1 Extras
- 4 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 small bell pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cups kale, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. cooked prawns, peeled
- ½ Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 Tbsp. za’atar
- 3 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup diced haloumi cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, zucchini, bell pepper, kale and prawns. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the prawns are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, tomato, za'atar, parsley and cheese to the skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant.