Thai Vegetable Stir-FryRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Thai food is known for being delicious. That’s because Thai cuisine tends to be the perfect blend of hot and spicy, sweet and salty, bitter and aromatic, and often features a sour hint as well.
This Thai Vegetable Stir-Fry, which features a vibrant blend of veggies and spices plus crushed peanuts, features all of those flavors… and more! In fact, it’s so delicious and so satisfying, we guarantee you won’t even miss the meat. Whip up a big batch tonight and have tasty left-overs on hand all week long.
Looking for another vegetarian recipe? You’ll love our Tofu Cacciatore! >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1.5 Vegetables
- 1 can (14 ounces) light coconut milk (no sugar added)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 cups sliced asparagus tips
- 1 cup halved mushrooms
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small head bok choy, stems sliced and leaves left whole
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, slivered
- In a food processor, combine the coconut milk, garlic, lemon peel and lime peel. Pulse to process into a paste. Remove to a large skillet. Place over medium-high heat and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the asparagus, mushrooms, bell pepper, bok choy, peanuts, and red-pepper flakes and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce, lime juice, lemon juice, and basil and simmer, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.