Italian Shrimp Stir FryRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Whip up an Italian-inspired twist on your favorite takeout dinner! This unique shrimp recipe is filled with colorful veggies and delicious flavor. Fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, pine nuts and shredded Parmesan cheese transform a classic stir fry into an Italian dish that the whole family will enjoy.
One serving of this simple shrimp dinner contains 385 calories. It counts as two Healthy Fats, one Protein and two Vegetable servings on your South Beach Diet meal plan. If you’re looking for an easy way to stay on track with your program, consider downloading the FREE South Beach Diet Tracker app! It’s the perfect tool to keep you organized throughout your weight loss journey. Log your food, water, activity and progress all in one place! You can even keep track of your macros during the day to ensure you stay on plan. Click here to learn more about this awesome app! >
You can still enjoy your favorite Italian flavors on your low-carb weight loss plan! Try out some of the other healthy and delicious recipes from The Palm below:
- Zucchini Lasagna >
- Zesty Italian Zucchini Boats >
- Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms >
- Eggplant Parmesan >
- 2-Step Creamy Avocado Pesto Zucchini Noodles >
- Shrimp Scampi with Zoodles >
- Keto Pizza Zucchini Boats >
- Spicy Mussels with Tomato and Basil >
- Easy Chicken Parm >
- Homemade Calzone with Cauliflower Crust >
- Chicken Lasagna Cups >
Of course, if you don’t feel like cooking, the South Beach Diet has many delicious Italian-inspired meals that are ready to enjoy in minutes. Plus, we even deliver them directly to your door! Stock up on the convenient breakfast, lunch and dinner options below:
- Garlic Cheese Flatbread >
- Chicken Roma >
- Italian-Style Sausage & Peppers >
- Chicken Primavera >
- Just Add Eggs! Tuscan-Inspired Scramble >
- Margherita Pizza >
- Dark Chocolate Ricotta Muffins >
Lose weight and get healthy with a convenient meal delivery service! The South Beach Diet brings tasty options right to your home. Learn more about our meal plans! >
For even more recipes like this one, check out the book The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 2 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 2 Vegetables
- 4 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 small bell pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cups kale, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. cooked prawns, peeled
- ½ Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, zucchini, bell pepper, kale and prawns. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the prawns are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, basil, balsamic vinegar and pine nuts to the skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Top with cheese and serve immediately.