Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs with Loaded Cauliflower MashRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Use your Instant Pot to make baby back ribs in a flash. Paired with a loaded cauliflower mash, this hearty dish fits perfectly into your low-carb meal plan.
If you want to make cooking easy and fast, an Instant Pot is your best bet. This handy appliance has multiple functions, including pressure cooking, slow cooking, sautéing, steaming and more! In about an hour, you can have hearty and delicious baby back ribs on the dinner table.
This recipe utilizes a sugar free barbecue spice rub and unsweetened barbecue sauce to keep this dish keto-friendly. Many grocery stores carry unsweetened varieties of condiments and spice blends that fit easily into your low carb meal plan. While you’re at the store, take a trip to the frozen aisle for a bag of mashed cauliflower. Just be sure to check the label to ensure there is no unhealthy hidden ingredients. Frozen veggies can save you major meal prep work and are usually just as delicious as fresh. We top our cauliflower mash with sour cream, cheddar cheese and bacon bits to replicate the flavors of a loaded potato.
Want to add a different veggie side to this hearty dish? Check out these other ideas:
- Eggless Caesar Salad >
- 4-Ingredient “Cheesy” Kale Chips >
- Chayote Salad >
- Avocado Yogurt Dip with Rainbow Vegetable Skewers >
- Nutty Summer Squash with Asiago Cheese >
- Homestyle Green Bean Casserole >
- Tricolor Salad >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 2 Healthy Fat
- 2 Protein
- 1 rack baby back ribs
- 1 cup barbecue spice rub, sugar free
- 1 Tbsp. liquid smoke
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, sugar free
- 1 package frozen cauliflower mash, divided
- 4 Tbsp. sour cream, divided
- 4 Tbsp. crumbled bacon, divided
- 4 Tbsp. cheddar cheese, divided
- Prepare ribs by rubbing 1 cup of barbecue spice rub on both sides of the ribs.
- Pour water and liquid smoke into the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Place the Instant Pot wire roasting rack or trivet into the pot. Place the ribs standing up on top of the wire rack.
- Lock the Instant Pot lid into place and set the valve to sealing. Cook on manual, high pressure, for 28 minutes.
- After cooking is finished, use the natural release method for about 10 minutes and then turn the valve to venting. This will take about 15 minutes.
- While the ribs are naturally releasing, preheat the oven to high broil. Cover a baking sheet with foil.
- Remove the ribs from the Instant Pot and place on the covered baking pan. Brush the barbecue sauce on the ribs.
- Place the ribs into the oven and broil on high for 10 minutes.
- While the ribs are cooking, prepare the frozen cauliflower mash according to package instructions.
- Portion the ribs and cauliflower onto plates. Top the cauliflower with 1 tablespoon of sour cream, 1 tablespoon of crumbled bacon and 1 tablespoon of cheddar cheese.