Low-Carb Chicken FingersRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
These Lightened-Up Chicken Fingers are “breaded” with spices and paired with a homemade basil sauce to make a delicious, diet-friendly meal.
Swap your favorite drive-through meal for these homemade Lightened-Up Chicken Fingers that are just as delicious (and a LOT more nutritious) than those greasy chicken strips you grab on the go. Equally as easy to make as they are tasty, these Low-Carb Chicken Fingers are a great option to whip up for the family, take to a get-together or enjoy on your own for a healthy night in!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you simply must try our Oven Fried Chicken with Almonds! >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion pwoder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup parsley sprigs
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Coat a grill rack or broiler-pan rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill or boiler.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Cut two 1/2"-deep slashes in each side of the chicken breast. Rub the spice mix on the chicken, pressing it into the slits. Place the chicken in a baking pan and coat completely with cooking spray. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine basil, parsley, almonds, garlic, jalapeno pepper and salt. Process until chopped. While the processor is running, add the lemon juice and oil through the feed tube, stopping the machine once or twice to scrape down the sides of the container until the sauce is smooth. Pour the sauce into a bowl. Stir in the water, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place the chicken on the prepared rack and grill or broil 6" from the heat, turning several times, for 15 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 170°F and the juices run clear. Serve with the sauce and garnish with fresh basil.