Keto Chicken FingersRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
These Lightened-Up Chicken Fingers are “breaded” with spices and paired with a homemade cilantro sauce to make a delicious, diet-friendly meal.
Swap your favorite drive-through meal for these homemade Lightened-Up Chicken Fingers that are just as delicious (and a LOT more nutritious) than those greasy chicken strips you grab on the go. Equally as easy to make as they are tasty, these Chicken Fingers are a a great option to whip up for the family, take to a get-together or enjoy on your own for a healthy night in!
Phase: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Lean Protein
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 cup cilantro sprigs
- 1/4 cup parsley sprigs
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 serrano chile pepper, seeded (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Sprig cilantro, for garnish
- Coat a grill rack or broiler-pan rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill or boiler.
- In a cup, combine the chili powder, cumin and salt. Cut two 1/2"-deep slashes in each side of the chicken tenders. Rub the spice mixture over the chicken, pressing it into the slits. Place the chicken in a baking pan and coat completely with cooking spray. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine the cilantro, parsley, almonds, garlic, chile pepper, and salt. Process until chopped. While the processor is running, add the lime juice and oil through the feed tube, stopping the machine once or twice to scrape down the sides of the container until the sauce is smooth. Pour the sauce into a bowl. Stir in the water, cover, and chill until ready to serve.
- Place the chicken on the prepared rack and grill or broil 6" from the heat, turning several times, for 15 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 170°F and the juices run clear. Serve with the sauce and garnish with the cilantro.