Southern Style Burger BitesRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
These southern style sliders fit perfectly into your keto-friendly meal plan. Topped with pimento cheese spread and sweet and spicy pickles, you won’t miss the bun with these low carb burger bites.
Burgers are one comfort food that you can still indulge in on a low carb diet. The burger patty, cheese and vegetable toppings are all South Beach Diet-approved. Simply swap the bread bun with a lettuce wrap and you’ve got a keto-friendly DIY meal for every weekend. We put a southern spin on these little burger bites by topping them with a homemade pimento cheese spread filled with shredded cheddar and Colby, mayonnaise and chopped pimentos. Sweet and spicy bread and butter pickles add extra heat and are the cherry (or should we say pickle) on top.
To make these mini southern burgers, start by mixing ground beef with salt and pepper. Form eight small patties and place them in a large skillet prepped with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat. Cook the patties to your desired temperature (we enjoy them medium, which is about two to three minutes on each side). Once finished, place them on a plate to rest and prepare your pimento cheese spread. Top each burger with one tablespoon of the cheese spread, one bread and butter pickle chip and a leaf of iceburg lettuce. Hold the ingredients together in place with a toothpick or skewer.
One serving of these Southern Style Burger Bites contains 385 calories. If you’d like to add another protein serving, feel free to top your bites with three ounces of bacon.
Pair your low carb slider with one of these delicious sides:
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries >
- Tomato Salsa with Avocado and Onion >
- Thai Vegetable Stir-Fry >
- Sesame Green Beans >
- Eggless Caesar Salad >
- 4-Ingredient “Cheesy” Kale Chips >
- Homestyle Green Bean Casserole >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (2 burgers = 1 serving)
- 2 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded colby cheese
- 4 oz. mayonnaise
- 4 oz. chopped pimento
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 8 sweet and spicy bread and butter pickle chips
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the ground beef by adding salt and pepper to taste and mixing together. Divide ground beef into 8 small patties.
- Heat a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Cook the patties to desired temperature (medium takes about 2-3 minutes on each side).
- Repeat until all the patties are cooked. Set aside on a plate to rest.
- While the burgers are resting, prepare the pimento cheese spread. In a medium bowl, mix the cheddar cheese, colby cheese, mayonnaise and pimento together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the burgers by topping each with 1 tablespoon of pimento cheese spread, 1 pickle chip and 1 leaf of iceberg lettuce. Hold together with a toothpick or skewer.