Sesame Green BeansRecipe posted in: Snack
We love this delicious side dish, which uses sesame oil to give body and nuttiness to crisp, garlicky beans. Pair it with grilled steak or chicken for a satisfying, no-fuss weeknight meal. Try it alongside grilled steak or chicken. Leftovers (if there are any!), will be even more flavorful the next day.
Our favorite part about this simple salad is that it can be prepared up to 12 hours in advance, which means you can make it in the evening and enjoy it for lunch the next day.
Get started with achieving your weight loss goals. Click here to learn about the South Beach Diet >
Phase: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Whisk together soy sauce, oil, and garlic in a large mixing bowl.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add beans and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and run under cold water for 30 seconds. Add beans and tomatoes to soy sauce mixture and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to serve.