Eggless Caesar SaladRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Caesar Salad is a popular way to get your greens. But some versions of this staple salad are drenched in creamy dressings that are loaded with unhealthy fats and empty calories.
In this delicious version, you’ll avoid all those unwanted calories and bad fats by preparing your own healthy dressing. It’s still creamy (and dreamy!), it’s just not packed with stuff you don’t need.
Top this Caesar Salad with grilled chicken or shrimp to make a hearty lunch or light dinner. In later phases, you can add a quick multigrain crouton: Just cut two slices of multigrain bread into half-inch cubes, toss with one tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil, and toast in a 400°F oven until crisp (about eight minutes).
Phase: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 2 Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) head romaine lettuce, chopped (8 to 10 cups)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together lemon juice, anchovy, garlic and mustard in a large mixing bowl; slowly whisk in oil. Stir in cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add lettuce, toss, and serve.