Easy Eggless Caesar Salad with Anchovy DressingRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Caesar Salad is a popular way to get your greens. But some versions of this staple salad are drenched in creamy dressings that are loaded with unhealthy fats and empty calories. This Eggless Anchovy Caesar Salad recipe is a healthy outlet for all of you Caesar salad lovers out there. The burst of savory flavors from the healthy homemade Caesar salad dressing are the perfect combination of simple ingredients — so simple that you can throw this together in just a few minutes!
Not only is this Caesar salad simple, it’s satisfying and delicious. In this healthy version of the classic, you’ll avoid all those unwanted calories and bad fats by preparing your own healthy dressing. It’s still creamy (and dreamy!), it’s just not packed with stuff you don’t need. Top it with grilled chicken or shrimp to make a hearty lunch or light dinner.
In later South Beach Diet phases, you can add a quick multigrain crouton: Just cut two slices of multigrain bread into half-inch cubes, toss with one tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil, and toast in a 400°F oven until crisp (about eight minutes).
Looking for easy prep combined with flavorful satisfaction? The Eggless Caesar Salad is your perfect pick!
If you thought that was tasty, try this fruitier Pear And Goat Cheese Salad >
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious fully prepared meals designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the South Beach Diet >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 2 Vegetables
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (1 ½-lb.) head romaine lettuce, chopped (8 to 10 cups)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Whisk together lemon juice, anchovy, garlic and mustard in a large mixing bowl; slowly whisk in oil.
- Stir in cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add lettuce, toss and serve.