4-Ingredient “Cheesy” Kale Chips (Dairy Free)Recipe posted in: Snack
Kale chips become a snack worth obsessing over when they deliver serious “cheesy” flavor (without the cheese!). These 4-Ingredient “Cheesy” Kale Chips are dieting gold, satisfying your afternoon appetite with minimal effort.
A handful of healthy essentials and that’s it. Nutritional yeast does all of the cheesy work, as taste and health are equally prioritized.
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
- 1 cup kale, raw
- 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 300° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the kale by destemming it and then cutting it into bite-sized pieces. Wash the kale and dry thoroughly. Note: You can easily double or triple this recipe, if desired.
- Place kale leaves into a bowl, drizzle with oil, sprinkle with nutritional yeast and garlic powder. Massage the oil and seasonings into the kale with your hands until evenly distributed. Note: If you want to save your Extra serving you can omit the nutritional yeast from this recipe.
- Spread the kale onto the prepared baking sheet in an even layer, making sure the pieces aren’t overlapping, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, flip the kale to ensure even baking, and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the chips are crispy and golden brown, but not burnt.
- Let the kale cool for about 3 minutes before serving and enjoy! If you make a large batch and don’t eat them immediately, you can store them in a plastic bag or container for about two to three days. Note: the kale may lose its crispy texture so it’s important to try and eat them as close as possible to baking time.