4-Ingredient “Cheesy” Kale Chips (Dairy Free)Recipe posted in: Snack
Kale chips become a snack worth obsessing over when they deliver serious “cheesy” flavor (without the cheese!). These 4-Ingredient “Cheesy” Kale Chips are dieting gold, satisfying your afternoon appetite with minimal effort.
A handful of healthy essentials and that’s it. Nutritional yeast does all of the cheesy work, as taste and health are equally prioritized.
If you enjoyed that, then try our Parmesan Chips >
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
- .5 Healthy Fat
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 Extras
- 1 cup kale, raw
- 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 300° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the kale by destemming it and then cutting it into bite-sized pieces. Wash the kale and dry thoroughly. Note: You can easily double or triple this recipe, if desired.
- Place kale leaves into a bowl, drizzle with oil, sprinkle with nutritional yeast and garlic powder. Massage the oil and seasonings into the kale with your hands until evenly distributed. Note: If you want to save your Extra serving you can omit the nutritional yeast from this recipe.
- Spread the kale onto the prepared baking sheet in an even layer, making sure the pieces aren’t overlapping, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, flip the kale to ensure even baking, and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the chips are crispy and golden brown, but not burnt.
- Let the kale cool for about 3 minutes before serving and enjoy! If you make a large batch and don’t eat them immediately, you can store them in a plastic bag or container for about two to three days. Note: the kale may lose its crispy texture so it’s important to try and eat them as close as possible to baking time.