Low-Carb Sausage StuffingRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Enjoy a guilt-free, holiday feast with our South Beach-approved Sausage Stuffing. It’s low carb and absolutely delicious.
Indulge in the classic holiday flavors of homemade stuffing. The holiday season is prime time for diet destruction. If your healthy eating took a hit over the past few months, filling your plate with nutritious, low-carb swaps can get you back on track. We also have a variety of other tips to bounce back into healthy eating after going off plan. Click the link below to unlock our nutritionists’ secrets:
Our low-carb stuffing filled with sausage, veggies and spices is the perfect addition to your South Beach Diet menu. For the base, we use our recipe for Almond Flour Bread. (Get the recipe here! >) However, you can utilize any low carb, keto bread product or recipe that you enjoy. There are many almond or coconut flour-based options that fit into the program. Just pick up some pork sausage and the rest of the ingredients are probably already in your pantry!
One serving of this Low-Carb Sausage Stuffing contains 310 calories and counts as two Healthy Fats and one Protein on the South Beach Diet program. After a holiday, it’s important to keep track of your food intake to stay on the path towards your weight loss goals. The South Beach Diet Tracker app makes it easy and perfectly complements your low-carb meal plan. Its easy-to-use features allow you to quickly log your meals, snacks, water and weight loss throughout your journey.
Looking for more low-carb recipes that taste like the holiday season? Try out these other delicious ideas:
- Homestyle Green Bean Casserole >
- Iced Pom-Mojito Spritzers >
- Pistachio Turkey Salad >
- Five-Step Lemon Thyme Chicken >
- Apple-Butternut Squash Soup >
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip >
- Green Leaf, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad >
Get back on track after the holiday season with convenient meals from the South Beach Diet. Learn more about our programs! >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 8 (1 serving = 3/4 cup)
- 2 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 loaf almond flour bread, torn or cut into 1x1 inch pieces (see separate recipe above)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ½ lb. pork sausage
- ¾ cup celery, diced
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
- ½ Tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 ½ cup chicken stock, low sodium
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a medium baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, lightly toss bread in melted butter. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes.
- Cook ground sausage in a large pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until no longer pink (about 8-10 minutes). Season with pepper and remove sausage using a slotted spoon.
- Add onion and celery to the pan and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, parsley, sage, thyme and rosemary and continue cooking for 1 more minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place toasted bread in a large bowl and add vegetable mixture and sausage. Toss lightly to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth and egg. Pour it over the bread and sausage mixture. Season with salt and pepper and toss until completely coated.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish and cover with foil. Bake until cooked through, about 35 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 15 minutes until bread is crisp on top.