Spicy Spinach and Artichoke DipRecipe posted in: Snack
The popular spinach and artichoke dip that is a snacking staple typically calls for lots of high-fat mayonnaise. Our version uses ricotta and nutty Asiago cheese instead, which gives the dip a creamy, rich texture.
Pro Tip: Look for aged Asiago cheese, which is easier to grate. Be sure to also buy canned artichoke hearts rather than frozen or jarred marinated hearts (canned are more tender and flavorful than frozen).
Serve up this dip with your favorite non-starchy veggies, such as fennel, asparagus, red bell pepper, yellow squash and cucumber.
If you thought this easy dip recipe was tasty, try our Pesto Cilantro Dip! >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 8 (1/3 cup = 1 serving)
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (13.75 oz.) artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- ½ cup grated aged Asiago cheese
- In a food processor, combine the spinach, artichoke hearts, oil and garlic powder. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the ricotta, salt, red pepper flakes and nutmeg. Pulse until smooth.
- Add the Asiago cheese and pulse until just combined.