Five-Step Lemon Thyme ChickenRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Juicy chicken breast is baked to perfection with the help of zesty lemon and flavorful thyme. With additional flavors from minced garlic and Dijon mustard, these Lemon Thyme Chicken is paired with baked sweet potato rounds and Swiss chard for a full-on, delicious (and healthy!) meal.
This easy-to-make Lemon Thyme Chicken is prepared in just five simple steps. By simply seasoning your chicken breasts with thyme and pepper, bake them next to your sweet potato rounds for about 35 minutes. Remember to flip your sweet potatoes at about twenty minutes to ensure both sides are cooked to perfect tenderness.
We can’t forget about the delicious Dijon sauce—which is made by combining the mustard, extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar and lemon juice and used to dress the Swiss chard with bursts of zesty flavor. A mouthwatering meal comprised of protein-packed chicken and nutritious Swiss chard and sweet potato rounds—talk about a delicious, diet win!
While this full meal clocks in at just 355 calories per serving, it’s important to log all of your daily intake in your South Beach Tracker App to ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals. Log this delicious Lemon Thyme Chicken dish in you Tracker App as one Protein, one Healthy Fat and two Vegetables right here. Not familiar with using our handy, dandy weight loss tracker app? Check out our Comprehensive Guide to the South Beach Diet Tracker App >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 2 Vegetables
- 1 3-oz. chicken breast
- 1/2 medium sweet potato, sliced into 1 inch thick rounds
- 1 cup swiss chard, de-stemed & chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium veggie stock
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place sweet potato rounds on one sheet pan and place in the oven for about 40 minutes, flipping over halfway through.
- Next, season chicken with thyme and pepper. Place chicken on the other sheet pan and let bake for about 35 minutes.
- To a sauté pan, add 2 Tbsp. veggie stock, minced garlic and Swiss card. Sauté on medium to low heat.
- For the mustard sauce, place mustard, 1/2 tbsp. EVOO, white wine, vinegar and lemon juice in a small bowl. Whisk all ingredients together. Then dress the sautéed Swiss chard.