Grab-and-Go Gyro Lunch BoxRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Looking for the best lunch recipe for your low-carb meal prep? Give your midday menu a healthy makeover with our Grab-and-Go Gyro Lunch Box! Featuring fresh veggies, sliced steak, homemade tzatziki and a few other staples, this low carb bento box is packed with a filling meal that will fuel your day.
This to-go lunch is the perfect way to use up any leftover cooked steak from your weekend grilling. Mixing the cooked steak with sliced red onion and chopped parsley will add flavor and keep it succulent. Simply pack up the ingredients into each compartment of your lunch box and assemble your lettuce wrap gyros when it’s time to eat.
The best part about this healthy lunch recipe? All you have to do is put the ingredients in your lunch box and you’re ready to go! It’s perfect for those busy mornings when you’re running out the door. Simply slice up six ounces of leftover cooked steak into thin strips. Mix it up with sliced red onions and freshly chopped parsley. Place the steak mixture into your bento-style lunch box and get started on your tzatziki sauce.
To make the tzatziki, whisk together Greek yogurt, grated cucumber, chopped mint, minced garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add the tzatziki to your lunch box in its own compartment. Fill up the other compartments with pitted olives, cubed feta cheese, romaine lettuce leaves and raw or lightly toasted almonds. Close up your lunch box, grab your shoes and get started with your day!
One serving of this Grab-and-Go Gyro Lunch Box counts as two Healthy Fats, two Proteins and two Vegetables on the South Beach Diet program. Log your lunch in the South Beach Diet Tracker app to keep track of your daily menu. Just like this simple recipe, the app is very easy to use and fits perfectly into your busy schedule. Click here to learn more about our FREE tracking app. >
Looking for more lunch made easy? Check out some of our favorite recipes below!:
- Easy Layered Salad >
- 2-Step Garlic and Herb Zucchini Noodles >
- 2-Step Super Salad >
- Cucumber Feta Salad >
- 3-Step Avocado Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps >
- Classic Lobster Salad >
- Pizza Zucchini Boats >
- Chocolate Tahini and Mixed Seed Protein Bars >
- Hot and Cheesy Portobello Pizza >
- Avocado Crab Salad >
- Instant Pot Tuscan Soup >
Your lunchtime habits plays a major role in your weight loss results. Try out these Six Things to Do at Lunch for Better Weight Loss Results and make the most out of your midday meal. Get more tips for building a low-carb lunch right here on The Palm Weight Loss Blog! Check out our DIY lunch guide at the link below:
Get healthy and lose weight while enjoying delicious food delivered directly to your door! Learn more about South Beach Diet meal plans >
For even more recipes like this one, check out the book The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 2 Healthy Fat
- 2 Protein
- 2 Vegetables
- 6 oz. cooked steak, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp. red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt, plain, whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. grated cucumber
- 1 tsp. chopped mint
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup pitted olives
- ¼ cup feta cheese, cubed
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, leaves separated
- ¼ cup raw or lightly toasted almonds
- Toss steak strips with the red onion and parsley in a medium bowl. Transfer to bento-style lunch box.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tzatziki ingredients.
- Add tzatziki, olives, feta cheese, lettuce and almonds to separate compartments of the lunch box.
- Assemble gyros by placing steak on a lettuce leaf and top with tzatziki, olives, feta and almonds.