Hot & Cheesy Portobello PizzaRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
This Hot and Cheesy Portobello Pizza recipe is the perfect solution for pizza-lovers who want to eat their pie and lose weight, too. That’s because it’s got all the hot and cheesy appeal of everyone’s favorite takeout meal, without all the calories, sodium, fat and other general diet destruction.
Nutrient-packed portobello mushrooms replace the carb-heavy crust used in traditional pizza pies, while creamy mozzarella and nutritional yeast take the place of toppings that can mean serious trouble for your waist line. But you’re not limited in the toppings department. Feel free to pump up your low carb pizza with any of your favorite non-starchy veggies. And if you’re not a fan of mozzarella, go ahead and swap in your cheese of choice. Just consult with your Grocery Guide to confirm how much you should be sprinkling. The Portobello Pizza possibilities are literally endless!
The best part is, this delicious recipe makes four servings. So you can share this pizza with hungry house guests or family members… or enjoy tasty leftovers for the next few days. The choice is yours!
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: Makes 4 servings
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 Extras
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup spaghetti sauce, no sugar added
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 5 grape tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place mushroom caps in the bottom of a baking dish. Spoon spaghetti sauce equally into each mushroom cap.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese, nutritional yeast and Italian seasoning equally into each mushroom cap.
- Top each pizza with sliced tomatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.