Sweet and savory. Crunchy and creamy. Nutritious and delicious. These no-bake tahini bars are filled with healthy fats and protein for the perfect grab-and-go breakfast or snack. A combination of five seeds come together to form the base of this low-carb treat. We also add both protein powder and collagen peptides for a hefty dose of nutrition in each wholesome bar.
According to Healthline, “Tahini is a paste made from toasted, ground sesame seeds.” It is packed with nutrition and antioxidants that contribute to its many health benefits, such as the prevention of disease and inflammation. It also provides protection of the central nervous system, liver and kidneys, says Healthline. Enjoy more tasty tahini in this recipe for Nut-Crusted Fish with Herbed Tahini Cheese Sauce! >
The best part about this low-carb snack recipe? It’s extremely easy to make! Get started with this simple snack by lining a loaf pan with some parchment paper. Set it aside and mix together your seeds. We use a combination of pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds and chia seeds. However, feel free to add any others that you enjoy! Add vanilla protein powder and collagen peptides to your seeds. Mix them together and set it aside to create the binder for the bars. Whisk tahini, vanilla, coconut oil and sugar-free maple syrup in a separate small mixing bowl and add it to the seeds with some coconut flour. Mix until well combined, then pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Using a rubber spatula, press the bars firmly into an even layer. Cover and place in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Once your bars have hardened in the freezer, remove them from the pan and cut them into eight equal-sized bars. You can enjoy them as is or create an optional chocolatey drizzle for the top. This can be done by melting sugar-free chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a double boiler or in the microwave. Drizzle the chocolate over the bars and return them to the freezer for another five to 10 minutes, until the chocolate is set. Store your Chocolate Tahini and Mixed Seed Protein Bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks. You can also wrap them in parchment paper or plastic food wrap and freeze for up to two months.
One serving of these Chocolate Tahini and Mixed Seed Protein Bars contains 303 calories and five grams of net carbs. They count as two Healthy Fats and one Protein on the South Beach Diet program. Make sure to log your meals in the South Beach Diet Tracker app to keep up with your net carbs throughout the day. On the South Beach Diet program, we recommend keeping your net carbs limited to 50 grams or less per day. Click here to learn more about net carbs. >
Looking for a convenient meal delivery service? We’re here for you! Learn more about South Beach Diet meal plans >
For even more recipes like this one, check out the book The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 2 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. flax seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 scoop collagen peptides
- 1/2 cup tahini, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp. sugar-free maple-flavored syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, protein powder and collagen peptides in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Mix tahini, vanilla, coconut oil and syrup in a separate small mixing bowl.
- Add the tahini mixture and coconut flour to the seeds. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Using a rubber spatula, press firmly into an even layer. Cover and place in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cut into 8 bars.
- Chocolate Drizzle (Optional)
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the bars and return to the freezer for another 5 to 10 minutes, until chocolate is set.