Pan-Seared Tuna SaladRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
This Pan-Seared Tuna Salad is a complete with a homemade dressing and tossed with fresh romaine and scallions. Enjoy this simple DIY salad for a healthy, low-carb lunch or dinner.
This recipe makes four servings, so its the perfect meal to share with the family while staying on track with your weight loss goals. Enjoy one serving of this Pan-Seared Tuna Salad for a nutrient-dense and delicious meal.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1.5 Vegetables
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup plus 2 tsp. avocado oil, divided
- 1 lb. fresh tuna, about 1-inch thick
- 1 (8-oz.) head of Romaine lettuce, chopped (4 to 5 cups)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk together lemon juice, vinegar and garlic powder in a mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup of the avocado oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Season tuna with salt and pepper. Heat remaining avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook tuna 1 1/2 minutes per side for medium-rare or to desired doneness. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Divide romaine among serving plates and sprinkle with chopped scallions.
- Slice tuna and divide equally among salads. Drizzle with dressing and serve.