Ginger Chicken with Snow Pea SaladRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Chicken gets a flavor makeover thanks to the addition of fresh ginger in this delicious and healthy recipe. Top your chicken with sesame seeds for a little extra pizzazz, then pair it with our vibrant Snow Pea Salad for a chicken dish you won’t want to miss!
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 0.5 Healthy Fat
- 1.5 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 pound snow peas, strings removed
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- Bring a medium sauce pan of salted water to a boil. Fill a medium mixing bowl with ice and water. Boil snow peas for 2 minutes, drain, and place in ice water for 1 minute to chill. Drain and pat dry.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of the canola oil, 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, and ginger in a shallow bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat remaining canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden and no longer pink inside, 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and slice.
- Combine peas, scallions, sesame oil, and remaining soy sauce in a mixing bowl; toss together. Serve pea salad with chicken.