Chicken Salad with AvocadoRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Take your salad game to a whole other level with this delicious Chicken Salad with Avocado, which tops crisp romaine lettuce with creamy avocado, fresh garden veggies and tender, shredded chicken. Zesty lime and flavorful cilantro lend a deep Mexican flavor to this satisfying salad, which makes a perfect one-dish lunch or dinner.
Phase: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
Servings: 4 (3 cup) servings
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Lean Protein
- 3 Vegetables
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 (1-pound) head romaine lettuce, chopped (8 cups)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1 pound cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together oil, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and a pinch or two of pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumber in a large mixing bowl. Toss with half of the dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper; divide among 4 plates.
- Toss chicken with 1 Tbsp. of the remaining dressing and divide among salads. Top with avocado slices, drizzle with remaining dressing, and serve.