Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream SandwichesRecipe posted in: Snack
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could enjoy a decadent and delicious dessert on your low carb diet? You asked and we answered with these keto friendly Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches! Filled with nutritious, wholesome ingredients, you can “indulge” in one of these treats for just 269 calories and zero grams of net carbs.
Using the tasty recipe for low carb Chocolate Chip Cookies from The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet book, we created these special Ice Cream Sandwiches that won’t make a dent in your net carbs. We fill them with a creamy, three-ingredient, whipped ice cream center that will compete with your favorite store-bought tub.
If you’re a chocolate lover, feel free to swap in our recipe for Chocolate Brownie Cookies as the “bread” in this sandwich. Their dense, cake-like texture will pair perfectly with the sweet, creamy ice cream. You could also add a small amount of cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder to the filling to create a chocolate ice cream. One tablespoon of cocoa powder counts as one Extra on the South Beach Diet program.
Log your healthy dessert in the South Beach Diet Tracker app to help you stay on track with your diet plan! It’s the perfect tool for staying accountable with your keto friendly weight loss program.
Note: After removing your ice cream sandwiches from the freezer, they may be frozen solid. We recommend keeping them at room temperature for 15 minutes to allow the ice cream to soften slightly in the center.
Looking for more low carb desserts to satisfy your sweet tooth? Check out these other ideas:
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Muffins >
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies >
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake >
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding >
- Almond Jam Bars >
Lose weight and get healthy with delicious, low carb food delivered right to your door! Learn more about South Beach Diet meal plans >
For even more recipes like this one, check out the book The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 5 (1 serving = 1 sandwich)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup erythritol-based sweetener (granulated)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup erythritol-sweetened chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. erythritol-based sweetener (confectioners)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk together coconut oil, eggs, erythritol and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Add the almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips. Stir well to fully combine.
- Scoop the cookies by the heaping tablespoon onto the prepared pan, leaving at least 1-inch of space between each cookie.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are just barely cooked through. Allow to cool completely before handling.
- Place 10 cookies upside-down on a large plate or pan that can sit level in your freezer.
- Ice Cream
- Whip the cream, erythritol and vanilla extract on high in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment for 2 to 3 minutes, until thick and fluffy.
- Divide the cream evenly among 5 of the cookies. Place the plate into the freezer to chill for 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer and top with the remaining 5 cookies to make sandwiches. Eat immediately or store in a freezer-safe container.