Chocolate Brownie CookiesRecipe posted in: Snack
As you transition to a low carb lifestyle, you may experience some slight cravings for sweets. Satisfy your hankering the healthy way with this Chocolate Brownie Cookie hybrid. We took the best from both of these classic desserts to bring you a healthy, low-carb snack that you can feel good about eating.
Dense, cake-like brownies are baked in the form of individual cookies, creating the perfect grab-and-go snack filled with healthy fats. We make several low carb swaps to give you a healthy cookie recipe that’s perfect for your South Beach Diet meal plan. Almond flour steps up to the plate as the keto friendly base, while eggs and avocado oil hold it all together. We add rich, chocolaty flavor with unsweetened dark cocoa powder and touch of sweetness with a zero-calorie sweetener like stevia. Double up the recipe and share with your friends, family and coworkers so they can see how delicious low-carb can be!
One serving of these Chocolate Brownie Cookies contains 50 calories and counts as two Extras on the South Beach Diet program. Because you’re only allotted three Extras per day, it’s important to keep a tally of them. The South Beach Diet Tracker app makes it easy to stay accountable with your food intake, water and weight loss! You can even keep an eye on your macros and net carbs throughout the day to ensure you’re on the right track.
Craving more low carb desserts? Check out these other sweet treats:
- 1-Minute Chocolate Ricotta Mousse >
- Dessert Chocolate Berry Cups >
- 5-Ingredient Chocolate Avocado Pudding >
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake >
- Easy Flourless Black Bean Brownies >
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies >
- Mini Cocoa Swirl Cheesecakes >
Want to indulge in tasty chocolaty sweets without all the cooking? The South Beach Diet a la carte menu is filled with convenient and delicious options like our Double Chocolate Cookie Bites, Dark Chocolate Ricotta Muffin, and Chocolate Dipped Peanut Bar.
Lose weight and live the healthy lifestyle you’ve been craving! Learn more about the South Beach Diet program >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 20 (1 cookie = 1 serving)
- 2 Extras
- 1 cup almond flour, finely ground
- ¾ cup stevia or erythritol
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup dark chocolate cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ¼ cup avocado oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup powdered or confectioners erythritol/stevia (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the cocoa powder, vanilla, sweetener and oil. Mix well.
- Add one egg at a time to the large bowl and use a blender or whisk to combine. Blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl. Knead until it becomes smooth.
- Form dough into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Form 1" dough balls with your hands and place them on a baking sheet. Press down in the middle to flatten them.
- Baking for about 12 minutes.
- When cookies are slightly cooled (but still warm), cover them in the powdered sweetener (optional).
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.