Almond Jam BarsRecipe posted in: Snack
We love anything with “almond” in its name. That’s because almonds are packed with nutrition your body needs. Plus, they lend a nice nutty flavor. These delicious dessert bars are a healthy variation on the popular jam-filled thumbprint cookies. Using almonds instead of flour and sugar-free jam instead of the sugary stuff, these Almond Jam Bars are totally tasty and perfect for busy days on the go.
If you enjoyed this healthy recipe, try these Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: Makes 27 bars (3 per serving)
- 0.5 Healthy Fat
- 1 Extras
- 1 cup natural unblanched almonds (5 ounces)
- 1/4 cup granular sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup sugar-free jam
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- In a food processor, process the almonds, sugar substitute, and salt until finely ground. Add the egg white and process until the mixture forms a paste.
- Transfer the dough to the baking sheet and shape into a 14 X 2-inch log. With a moistened thumb, make a 1/4-inch-deep trench down the length of the log. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly golden and set.
- A few minutes before the log comes out of the oven, in a small saucepan, heat the jam over low heat until melted.
- Once the log is baked, immediately spoon the jam along the trench. Cool the log on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before cutting crosswise on an angle into 27 bars, each a scant 1/2 inch thick.