Beef Burrito BowlsRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Beef up your weight loss menu with this easy Beef Burrito Bowl! Featuring perfectly seasoned, smoky ground beef and an array of classic burrito ingredients, this low-carb creation is a must for your meal prep menu.
Pump up the flavor in your ground beef without pumping up the calories! This recipe uses a delicious blend of chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt and ground black pepper. Feel free to add any other spices and herbs that you enjoy!
After cooking up the meat, you’ll serve it up over a bed of riced cauliflower and top the burrito bowl with diced red onions, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, salsa, avocado and fresh cilantro. Enjoy it with freshly sliced limes! Better yet, add the lime juice and cilantro to the riced cauliflower for a low-carb cilantro lime “rice.” Yum!
Pro Tip: If you are making this dish ahead of time, leave off the salsa, avocado, cilantro, lettuce and lime slices until you are ready to eat.
Turn this recipe into a burrito bar for the whole family to enjoy! Instead of preparing individual Burrito Bowls, create a spread with the ingredients and let everyone create their own. Less prep for you and more opportunity to customize to your liking!
One serving of this low-carb Beef Burrito Bowl contains 438 calories and a whopping 22 grams of protein! It’s sure to keep you energized and satisfied. Feel free to add even more non-starchy vegetables. Sliced bell peppers would be the perfect addition!
Looking for more delicious and nutritious ideas for cooking up beef? Check out these other low-carb beef recipes:
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry >
- Philly Cheesesteak Boats >
- Easy Cauliflower “Rice” and Ground Beef Stuffed Peppers >
- One-Pan Beef Stroganoff >
- Malaysian Spicy Beef with Roasted Cauliflower Mash >
- Mozzarella Stuffed Meatloaf >
- Stuffed Bell Pepper Tacos >
- Southern Style Burger Bites >
- Zucchini Lasagna >
Make meal prep easy with South Beach Diet! Click here to stock up on fully prepared meals and snacks >
This recipe is from the book, The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet, written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 3 Vegetables
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 ½ Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. avocado oil
- 4 cups cauliflower rice (1 medium head, grated or finely chopped)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, sliced
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the beef. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until no longer pink.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the beef is fully browned, about 5 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium heat and add the cauliflower rice. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Assemble 4 bowls with equally distributed cauliflower rice and beef, adding the red onion, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, salsa, avocado, and cilantro. Serve with the lime slices. If you are making this dish ahead of time, leave off the salsa, avocado, cilantro, lettuce, and lime slices until you are ready to eat.