Philly Cheesesteak BoatsRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
This low-carb recipe is filled with cheesy goodness in every. single. bite. Inspired by the mouthwatering and famous Philly Cheesesteak, these Cheesesteak Boats are equal parts delicious and nutritious.
Who said healthy eating has to be boring? This low-carb recipe will remind you just how delicious our diet plan is here at South Beach. Not only can you enjoy cheese while losing weight, you also get to bite into a hearty Philly Cheesesteak Boat that tastes just as good as the classic.
Fill up on all the right ingredients as you watch the weight come off while enjoying this Cheesesteak Boat recipe. And the best part about this recipe? It yields six full servings, so it’s perfect to whip up for the family to ensure you’re staying on track with your low-carb meal plan.
Looking for a few more low-carb recipes to add to your DIY menu? Check out:
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 3 Zucchini, halved lengthways
- 1 Sweet Onion, sliced thin
- 1 Yellow Pepper, sliced thin
- 1 Red Pepper, sliced thin
- 10 oz. Sirloin Steak, sliced thin
- 6 Provolone Slices
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Olive Oil Spray
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Score the zucchini with a knife and use a spoon to scoop out the insides.
- Place the zucchini on the parchment lined sheet pan and spray lightly with olive oil spray. Season with salt and pepper and bake until tender, about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring a large non-stick skillet to medium heat and spray lightly with olive oil spray.
- Add the onions and peppers and season with salt and pepper. Stir frequently and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat into bowl.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat, spray lightly with olive oil spray. Add the steak and cook until no longer pink, about 2 minutes each side. Remove from heat.
- Fill the cooked zucchini with the cooked vegetables and steak and top each with 1 slice provolone.
- Return zucchini boats to oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.