Cauliflower Crust Veggie PizzaRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
If you’re a pizza lover like we are, then you’re going to want to bookmark this healthy recipe! Our Cauliflower Crust Veggie Pizza is just as crispy and delicious as ordering your favorite pie from the local pizza shop, minus all the carbs and extra calories.
Using cauliflower as a swap for bread-based foods is the perfect alternative to cut back on carbs and to aid in weight loss. This delicious dinner recipe uses a homemade cauliflower dough and is topped with fresh mozzarella, veggies and a whole lot of seasonings. This Cauliflower Crust Veggie Pizza is the ultimate diet-win and a great way to celebrate the weekend or a family birthday!
Pro tip: To make the cauliflower pizza crust recipe even easier, you can buy plain, premade cauliflower rice in the frozen section of your grocery store.
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious, fully prepared meals designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the South Beach Diet >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 2 Vegetables
- 1 cup cauliflower (about ¼ of a medium-sized head), riced
- Egg white, 1 large
- ¼ cup part-skim, low-moisture mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion, chopped
- ¼ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 5 tomato slices
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add cauliflower to a food processor (fitted with an S. blade) or blender, and pulse until it is finely ground or a rice-like texture is achieved.
- Transfer cauliflower to a microwave safe bowl and place in the microwave for about 2 minutes or until the cauliflower is softened. Let cool.
- When the cauliflower is cool enough to handle, use a clean dish towel, paper towel or cheese cloth and drain it of any excess water.
- Transfer cauliflower to a clean bowl and stir in egg white, two tablespoons. of shredded mozzarella cheese and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread cauliflower mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and form into a rectangle (or circle if desired), creating as thin of a crust as possible.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top the crust with crushed tomatoes, tomato slices, onions, mushrooms, garlic powder and the remainder of your shredded mozzarella cheese. Place pizza back in the oven and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.