Cauliflower Crust PizzaRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
If you’re a pizza lover like we are, then you’re going to want to bookmark this recipe! Our Cauliflower Crust Pizza is just as crispy and delicious as ordering your favorite pie from the local pizza shop minus all the carbs and extra calories.
Using cauliflower as a swap for bread-based foods is a perfect alternative to cut back on carbs and to aid in weight loss. This delicious recipe uses a homemade cauliflower dough and is topped with fresh mozzarella and a whole lot of seasonings. This Cauliflower Crust Pizza is the ultimate diet-win!
Phase: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
- 1 Lean Protein
- 1.5 Vegetables
- 1 cup cauliflower (about ¼ of a medium-sized head), riced
- Egg white, 1 large
- ¼ cup part-skim, low-moisture mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt (to taste, optional)
- Black pepper (to taste, optional)
- ½ tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. onion, minced
- 4 Tbsp. crushed tomatoes with basil
- 2 leaves of fresh basil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray (about two sprays) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add cauliflower to a food processor (fitted with an S. blade) or blender, and pulse until it is finely ground or a rice-like texture is achieved. You can also purchase pre-riced cauliflower from the supermarket.
- Transfer cauliflower to a microwave safe bowl and place in the microwave for about 2 minutes or until the cauliflower is softened. Let cool.
- When the cauliflower is cool enough to handle, use a clean dish towel, paper towel or cheese cloth and drain it of any excess water.
- Transfer cauliflower to a clean bowl and stir in egg white, two tablespoons. of shredded mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Spread cauliflower mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and form into a rectangle (or circle if desired), creating as thin of a crust as possible.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. As the cauliflower cooks, mince your fresh garlic and onion.
- Remove from the oven and top the cauliflower with crushed tomatoes, minced garlic and onion, and the remainder of your shredded mozzarella cheese. Place it back in the oven and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and enjoy!