Steak Sandwich with Roasted Pepper MayoRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
When you are really hungry, like “I could eat a cow,” hungry… the last thing you want to do is start cooking or call in an order that wreaks havoc on your calorie count. Enter this Steak Sandwich with Roasted Pepper Mayo recipe!
Very thin beefsteak, or “minute steak,” as they call it, makes this steak sandwich the solution to your problem. Roasted red pepper mayo makes a world of a difference for a meal that’s warming, delicious and exciting. It’s super simple to make, which makes the deliciousness of this delightful sandwich even that much more satisfying.
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious fully prepared meals designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the South Beach Diet >
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 2 Good Carbohydrates
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. top round steak, sliced into 8 pieces
- ¼ cup chopped roasted red pepper (from a jar)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices multigrain bread, lightly toasted
- 1 small bunch arugula
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper and cook until browned, about 2 minutes.
- Puree red pepper and mayonnaise in a food processor until smooth. Spread mayonnaise on each slice of bread; make sandwiches with steak slices and arugula. Slice each in half and serve.