Steak Sandwich with Roasted Pepper MayoRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
When you are really hungry, like “I could eat a cow,” hungry… the last thing you want to do is start cooking, or call in an order that wreaks havoc on your calorie count.
Enter this Steak Sandwich with Roasted Pepper Mayo recipe. Very thin beefsteak, or “minute steak,” as they call it, makes this steak sandwich the solution to your problem. Roasted red pepper mayo makes a world of a difference for a meal that’s warming, delicious and exciting. It’ll be ready long before that popular takeout joint’s food, taste better, and keep your body in tip top shape. Sounds pretty good for a steak sandwich.
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Lean Protein
- 2 Good Carbohydrates
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil 1 small bunch arugula Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. top round steak, sliced into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red pepper (from a jar)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices multigrain bread, lightly toasted
- 1 small bunch arugula
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper and cook until browned, about 2 minutes.
- Puree red pepper and mayonnaise in a food processor until smooth. Spread mayonnaise on each slice of bread; make sandwiches with steak slices and arugula. Slice each in half and serve.