Steak Sandwich with Roasted Pepper MayoRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
When you are really hungry, like “I could eat a cow,” hungry… the last thing you want to do is start cooking or call in an order that wreaks havoc on your calorie count. Enter this healthy Steak Sandwich with Roasted Pepper Mayo recipe!
Very thin beefsteak, or “minute steak,” as they call it, makes this steak sandwich recipe the solution to your problem. Roasted red pepper mayo makes a world of a difference for a healthy meal that’s warming, delicious and exciting. It’s super simple to make, which makes the deliciousness of this delightful sandwich even that much more satisfying.
Healthy Hacks: Feel free to stuff your sandwich with more of your favorite non-starchy veggies! Onions, sliced bell peppers and tomatoes would be delicious additions. If you want to add a Healthy Fat, turn this steak sandwich into a cheesesteak sandwich by adding a slice of American, Swiss or provolone cheese. Yum!
If you’re on our keto friendly program, you can enjoy this sandwich without the bread! Just swap out the multigrain bread with a low-carb alternative. Check out these 10 Keto Bread Alternatives for a Low-Carb Sandwich! > The portobello mushroom buns or bell pepper wraps would be the perfect complement to these hearty ingredients.
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious fully prepared meals designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the South Beach Diet meal delivery service >
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 2 Good Carbohydrates
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. top round steak, sliced into 8 pieces
- ¼ cup chopped roasted red pepper (from a jar)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices multigrain bread, lightly toasted
- 1 small bunch arugula
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper and cook until browned, about 2 minutes.
- Puree red pepper and mayonnaise in a food processor until smooth. Spread mayonnaise on each slice of bread; make sandwiches with steak slices and arugula. Slice each in half and serve.