Adobo Style Steak WrapsRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
For those days when you just need some red meat, these Adobo Style Steak Wraps are the perfect answer to your cravings.
Succulent flank steak is bathed in an adobo base of chiles, vinegar and spices for an impeccable and unique, Latin-inspired flavor. This meat and adobo blend is made all the heartier when enclosed in a whole wheat wrap with fresh vegetables. Sour cream and lime lighten the meal with a tasty tang you’ll want to savor.
If you’re looking to go meatless, try these Healthy Veggie Recipes! >
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious fully prepared meals designed to help you lose weight. Learn more about South Beach Diet meal plans >
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1.5 Protein
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chipotle chiles in adobo, or more to taste
- 1 (1 1/4 lb.) flank steak, about 1 inch thick
- 2 large romaine lettuce leaves, shredded
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat wraps
- Rub chiles onto both sides of steak; place steak in a resealable plastic bag and let marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat the broiler and broiler pan for 10 minutes. Place steak on broiler pan and heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove from the broiler, transfer to a cutting board and let steak rest for 5 minutes. Cut into thin slices across the grain.
- In a medium bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, lime juice and salt.
- Heat wraps in the oven or microwave, according to package directions. Divide lettuce mixture and steak evenly among wraps, roll up and serve.