Baked Portobello Caps with Melted Goat CheeseRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Portobello mushrooms make the perfect vessel for your favorite cheeses and sauces. In this delicious dish, we bake the mushroom caps then top them with creamy melted goat cheese. They’re almost like mini personal pizzas but without the guilt!
Serve these delicious caps with a fresh green salad for a well-rounded lunch or dinner no matter what South Beach Diet phase you’re on.
If you enjoyed this healthy recipe, try these Fried Eggs In Mushroom Caps > for breakfast!
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
- 1 Lean Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 Extras
- 1 cup low-sugar spaghetti sauce
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 package (4 ounces) goat cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Sprig basil, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spread the sauce in the bottom of a 9" X 9" baking dish. Arrange the mushroom caps, grill side up, on top. Place a piece of goat cheese on each mushroom. Sprinkle evenly with the pine nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Top with the chopped basil. Garnish with the basil sprig.