Baked Portobello Stuffed Mushroom Caps with Melted Goat CheeseRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Baked Portobello mushrooms make the perfect vessel for your favorite cheeses and sauces. In this delicious dish, we bake the mushroom caps then stuff them with creamy melted goat cheese. They’re almost like mini personal pizzas but without the guilt!
Serve these delicious stuffed portobello mushroom caps with a fresh green salad for a well-rounded lunch or dinner no matter what South Beach Diet phase you’re on.
If you enjoyed this healthy recipe, try these Fried Eggs In Mushroom Caps > for breakfast!
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 Extras
- 1 cup low-sugar spaghetti sauce
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 package (4 oz.) goat cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Sprig basil, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spread the sauce in the bottom of a 9" X 9" baking dish. Arrange the mushroom caps, grill side up, on top. Place a piece of goat cheese on each mushroom. Sprinkle evenly with the pine nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Top with the chopped basil. Garnish with the basil sprig.