Roasted Eggplant DipRecipe posted in: Snack
Move over hummus, there’s a new creamy dip in town! A blend of savory roasted eggplant, Greek yogurt and tahini combine with fresh herbs to make an irresistible dip. Topped with olives and pine nuts, this Mediterranean-style recipe is packed with flavor and fiber.
Eggplant season wraps up in October, so now is the perfect time to cook with this purple produce! Try it out in a unique, low-carb dip recipe that pairs perfectly with chopped veggies, sprouted seed crackers and pita bread. Enjoy a beautiful blend of spices in one delicious bowl, including garlic, cumin, coriander and chopped parsley. This dip is versatile and can also be used as a creamy spread on sandwiches, a topping for grilled meats or even as a swap for salad dressing!
However you decide to enjoy this roasted eggplant recipe, make sure to keep track of it in your daily food journal. It clocks in at 166 calories per serving and counts as one Healthy Fat and half of a Vegetable serving on your South Beach Diet meal plan. Keeping a diet diary can help you lose weight and reach your goals! The South Beach Diet Tracker App makes it easy by providing an organized place to log your food intake, water, physical activity and weight loss progress.
Looking for more healthy dip recipes? Get inspired by the delicious dips below!:
- Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip >
- Roasted Garlic Avocado Hummus >
- Chipotle Garlic Dip >
- Keto-Friendly 2-Step Spinach Dip >
- Creamy Avocado Pesto Dip >
- Pesto Cilantro Dip >
- Spicy Spinach and Artichoke Dip >
Lose weight and get healthy with a convenient meal delivery service! The South Beach Diet brings tasty options right to your home. Learn more about our meal plans! >
For even more recipes like this one, check out the book The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 1 ½ lb. eggplant, peeled and diced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp. whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. coriander
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. chopped olives
- 1 Tbsp. pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss eggplant with 1 tablespoon of olive oil on a sheet pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to oven and roast 25-30 minutes, until tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool 20 minutes.
- Combine eggplant, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, Greek yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and coriander in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Process 1-2 minutes, until smooth.
- Garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, parsley, olives and pine nuts.