Roasted Eggplant DipRecipe posted in: Snack
Move over hummus, there’s a new creamy dip in town! A blend of savory roasted eggplant, Greek yogurt and tahini combine with fresh herbs to make an irresistible dip. Topped with olives and pine nuts, this Mediterranean-style recipe is packed with flavor and fiber.
Eggplant season wraps up in October, so now is the perfect time to cook with this purple produce! Try it out in a unique, low-carb dip recipe that pairs perfectly with chopped veggies, sprouted seed crackers and pita bread. Enjoy a beautiful blend of spices in one delicious bowl, including garlic, cumin, coriander and chopped parsley. This dip is versatile and can also be used as a creamy spread on sandwiches, a topping for grilled meats or even as a swap for salad dressing!
Looking for more healthy dip recipes? Get inspired by the delicious dips below!:
- Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip >
- Roasted Garlic Avocado Hummus >
- Chipotle Garlic Dip >
- Keto-Friendly 2-Step Spinach Dip >
- Creamy Avocado Pesto Dip >
- Pesto Cilantro Dip >
- Spicy Spinach and Artichoke Dip >
For even more recipes like this one, check out the book The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 1 ½ lb. eggplant, peeled and diced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp. whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. coriander
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. chopped olives
- 1 Tbsp. pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss eggplant with 1 tablespoon of olive oil on a sheet pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to oven and roast 25-30 minutes, until tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool 20 minutes.
- Combine eggplant, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, Greek yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and coriander in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Process 1-2 minutes, until smooth.
- Garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, parsley, olives and pine nuts.