Pesto Cilantro DipRecipe posted in: Snack
Pesto Cilantro Dip? We must be dreaming! This zesty, versatile dip is great with crudites as a snack or for a party. You can also dollop it on grilled fish or chicken or toss it with shredded cooked chicken for an easy and unique chicken salad.
In later phases, use it as a sandwich spread or as a chili or burrito topping. It keeps five days in the refrigerator and freezes for up to a month.
Phase: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 large bunch cilantro, leaves and stems intact
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven or toaster to 275°F. Spread walnuts on a baking tray and bake until fragrant and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Cool slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Chop cilantro, garlic, and walnuts in a food processor, about 25 seconds. With machine running, add oil in a steady stream. Add sour cream, lemon juice, and salt. Pulse a few times to combine. Serve or refrigerate until needed.