Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip with Rainbow Vegetable SkewersRecipe posted in: Snack
Feeling festive? Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip with Rainbow Vegetable Skewers are a total party on your plate.
So colorful, creamy and sweet, this recipe will excite your mouth and entice your appetite. They say that different colors mean different nutrition, and you’ll get more than you’d anticipate from a beautiful array of tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers and eggplant. Greek yogurt and avocado are a rich way to complement the crunch of this cool Vegetable serving. Cumin, cilantro and lime liven up this healthy snack, while protein keeps you nourished until your next meal hits.
Transform Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip into the most amazing dressing for your salad, or try whipping it up in much larger quantities to become the next hostess extraordinaire.
Note: This recipe makes two servings of dip and one vegetable skewer. Nutritional counts are provided for one serving of dip and one vegetable skewer.
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
Servings: Makes 2 servings of dip and 1 vegetable skewer
- .25 Healthy Fat
- 1 Lean Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- ¼ avocado, ripe
- ½ cup or 5.3 oz. Greek yogurt, plain, whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro, fresh
- ¼ tsp. cumin, ground
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- ¼ cup or about 50 gm or 1.8 oz. tomatoes, grape (about 4 tomatoes)
- 1/8 cup or about 20 gm or 0.8 oz. bell peppers, orange, sliced (about 4 square slices)
- 1/8 cup or about 20 gm or 0.8 oz. bell peppers, yellow, sliced (about 4 square slices)
- ¼ cup or about 1 oz. cucumbers, sliced (about 4 slices)
- ¼ cup or about 65 gm or 2.2 oz. eggplant, cubed (about 4 cubes)
- Combine dip ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Note: you may want to add one to two tablespoons of water to thin out the dip, if desired. You may also use this thinned out dip as a salad dressing, if desired. This recipe makes two servings. Feel free to double or triple this recipe to have a healthy dip option throughout the week.
- Wash vegetables. Cut bell peppers into square pieces, slice cucumbers and cube eggplant. Place vegetables in a rainbow pattern (tomatoes, orange peppers, yellow peppers, cucumbers and then eggplant) onto one large or two small skewers and enjoy! Note: You may omit the skewer step and pair a serving of this dip with a cup of any phase 1 appropriate raw vegetables you have on hand.