Hearty MinestroneRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Turns out, it’s pretty easy being green! The ultimate in comfort food, minestrone soup is a cold weather staple that’s brimming with cozy flavors. Give yours a healthy and hearty twist with this delicious recipe, which calls for small shell pasta and tons of vibrant, green veggies.
Want to make this dish on our Keto Friendly program? Just pass on the pasta. There’s so much flavor in this mouthwatering minestrone, you won’t even miss the carb-y stuff. Happy slurping!
Looking for more tasty soups? Check out these 11 Delicious Soups and Stews to Cozy Up To >
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious fully prepared meals designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the South Beach Diet >
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- .5 Good Carbohydrates
- 2 Vegetables
- 1 Extras
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, white and green parts, white halved lengthwise, rinsed and thinly sliced, green parts chopped
- 2 ribs celery with leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/4 cup whole wheat ditalini or small shell pasta
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 4 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 sprigs oregano, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks, celery, minced garlic, dried oregano, pepper, and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the broth, Swiss chard, green beans, and pasta. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 8 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the pasta is al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a cup, combine the chopped garlic with the parsley. Stir into the soup along with the zucchini. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Ladle the soup into 4 bowls and top each with 1 teaspoon of the cheese. Garnish with the oregano sprigs.