Simple Chicken SoupRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
This Simple Chicken Soup Recipe is every bit as delicious and cozy as it sounds. Featuring the classic chicken soup ingredients of diced onions, celery, hearty chicken and simmering bone broth, it’s got all the traditional flavors that you know and love.
Whip up a batch of this delicious soup today and let your family in on the warming action. Or, separate the recipe out into individual containers and enjoy savory satisfaction all week long.
Looking for more broth-based meals for your low carb diet? Slurp on these other satisfying soups and stews! >
Lose weight and get healthy with delicious meals delivered directly to your door! Learn more about the South Beach Diet program >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: Makes 4 (2 1/4-cup) servings
- 1.5 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 Extras
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 5 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 ½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the avocado oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery and minced garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender, stirring often.
- Stir in the onion powder and garlic powder. Continue cooking for 30 more seconds.
- Add broth, increase heat to high and bring to a rapid simmer.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and bring back to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.