Cucumber Salad with Bulgur and MintRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
This isn’t your classic healthy cucumber salad recipe. That’s because this delicious dish is loaded with the good for-you grain, bulgur, along with the zest of tomatoes and the crisp flavor of mint. It’s a cucumber and tomato salad that’s packed with vitamins and nutrient-rich ingredients to keep you healthy and happy.
This vegetarian-friendly meal is so tasty and so satisfying, you won’t even miss the meat! However, you can always feel free to add in some grilled chicken or steak to turn this simple side dish into hearty dinner that’s packed with protein. You can even keep things plant-based with some marinated tofu cubes! It’s a versatile recipe that fits perfectly into your weight loss plan. One serving contains 160 calories.
Looking for more nutritious and delicious salads for your healthy diet? Get inspired by these other tasty ideas:
- Pan-Seared Tuna Salad >
- Ginger Chicken with Snow Pea Salad >
- Cobb Salad Lettuce Wraps >
- Smoked Chicken Salad with Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette >
- Chicken Salad with Citrus >
- Keto Friendly Avocado Crab Salad >
- California Salad >
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (1 serving = 1 cup)
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring water and bulgur to a boil in a medium saucepan, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until bulgur is cooked and water is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread bulgur onto a large plate and place in refrigerator to cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Place in a mixing bowl and fluff with a fork. Add tomato, cucumber, mint, oil, and lemon juice; stir together and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature.