Cucumber Salad with Bulgur and MintRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
This isn’t your classic cucumber salad recipe. That’s because this delicious dish is loaded with the good for-you grain, bulgur, along with the zest of tomatoes and the crisp flavor of mint.
It’s a vegetarian-friendly meal that’s so tasty and so satisfying that you won’t even miss the meat!
Looking for more nutritious salads for your healthy diet? Get inspired by these other ideas:
- Pan-Seared Tuna Salad >
- Ginger Chicken with Snow Pea Salad >
- Cobb Salad Lettuce Wraps >
- Smoked Chicken Salad with Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette >
- Chicken Salad with Citrus >
- Keto Friendly Avocado Crab Salad >
- California Salad >
Get healthy and reach your weight loss goals with delicious, low carb meals delivered directly to your door! Start your South Beach Diet meal plan today >
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (1 serving = 1 cup)
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring water and bulgur to a boil in a medium saucepan, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until bulgur is cooked and water is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread bulgur onto a large plate and place in refrigerator to cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Place in a mixing bowl and fluff with a fork. Add tomato, cucumber, mint, oil, and lemon juice; stir together and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature.