Open-Faced Avocado Tuna SandwichRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Think of this as the sandwich of all sandwiches—packed with hearty tuna, creamy avocado and flavorful red onion, this Open-Faced Avocado Tuna Sandwich combines all of the right ingredients to leave you feeling full without destroying your healthy eating habits.
Homemade tuna salad lay atop a slice of whole grain bread and is complimented by fresh cucumber, arugula, red onion, salt and pepper. This mouthwatering concoction swaps out the usual mayo used for tuna salad with avocado—a Healthy Fat on your South beach Diet meal plan that is creamy enough to take the place of mayo and tasty enough to add the perfect touch to this delicious sandwich. Lemon juice adds a zesty kick, while Dijon mustard provides the perfect tang to make every single bite taste like a true delicacy in the realm of sandwiches. At just 250 calories per serving, this delicious lunch or dinner is certain to fit perfectly into your healthy lifestyle.
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- .5 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- .5 Vegetables
- 1.5 oz. can of no salt added light tuna fish
- 1/2 avocado
- juice 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1/8 cup of red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- In a small bowl, add lemon juice, avocado, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Mash the avocado and mix well together with a fork.
- Drain the canned tuna fish and add to the bowl. Mix well.
- On each slice of whole grain bread place the arugula and sliced cucumbers. Then, add the avocado tuna fish and top with red onions.