Lobster Salad SandwichesRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Nothing says beach like lobster. The good thing is, you can still enjoy this seafood staple and lose weight, thanks to these Lobster Salad Sandwiches. This recipe introduces a lightened up version of a lunch or dinner masterpiece that doesn’t sacrifice any flavor. You can use frozen lobster to make things easier, but one-and-a-half pounds of fresh lobster meat is enough for four sandwiches and gives them quality that is incomparable.
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
- 1.5 Lean Protein
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 1 Extras
- 4 frozen lobster tails, defrosted (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 small celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced red onion
- 1 Tbsp, mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. chopped tarragon leaves
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 whole wheat hot dog rolls, lightly toasted
- Fill a large saucepan with enough water to come 1/2 inch up the side of the pan; cover and bring to a simmer. Add lobster tails, return to a simmer and partially cover. Cook until lobster is opaque throughout, about 8 minutes. Remove lobster from the pan and let cool. When cool enough to handle, remove shells and chop lobster meat into bite-size pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine lobster, celery, onion, mayonnaise, tarragon, lemon juice and salt. Season with pepper to taste. Divide lobster salad among 4 rolls and serve.