Lobster Salad SandwichesRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Nothing says the beach like lobster salad! The good thing is, you can still enjoy this seafood staple and lose weight, thanks to these Lobster Salad Sandwiches. This recipe introduces a lightened up version of a lunch or dinner masterpiece that doesn’t sacrifice any flavor. You can use frozen lobster to make things easier, but one-and-a-half pounds of fresh lobster meat is enough for four sandwiches and gives them quality that is incomparable.
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1.5 Protein
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 1 Extras
- 4 frozen lobster tails, defrosted (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 small celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced red onion
- 1 Tbsp, mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. chopped tarragon leaves
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 whole wheat hot dog rolls, lightly toasted
- Fill a large saucepan with enough water to come 1/2 inch up the side of the pan; cover and bring to a simmer. Add lobster tails, return to a simmer and partially cover. Cook until lobster is opaque throughout, about 8 minutes. Remove lobster from the pan and let cool. When cool enough to handle, remove shells and chop lobster meat into bite-size pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine lobster, celery, onion, mayonnaise, tarragon, lemon juice and salt. Season with pepper to taste. Divide lobster salad among 4 rolls and serve.