Seared Scallops with Summer VegetablesRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Scallops are a low-calorie protein option that provides nutrients like magnesium and potassium. That, combined with the fact that they’re totally delicious, is why scallops are one of our favorite seafood staples.
In this delicious recipe, scallops are seared and then served with a vibrant and delicious mix of cooked veggies. It’s a well-rounded meal you can whip up in minutes.
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
- 1.5 Lean Protein
- 0.5 Good Carbohydrates
- 1 Vegetables
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops (about 20), cleaned
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame, defrosted
- 1 small ear of corn, shucked, kernels sliced off cob (1/2 cup kernels)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops, sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt, and season lightly with pepper.
- Cook until golden brown on the outside and opaque inside, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pan. Add zucchini, onion, and garlic; cook until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, edamame and corn; cook until tomatoes begin to break down, 3 to 4 minutes. Return scallops to the pan and sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste; reheat for 30 seconds, or until heated through. Stir in basil. Divide among 4 plates and serve warm.