Cinnamon Roll MuffinsRecipe posted in: Breakfast
Sweet and cinnamon-y, who doesn’t love delicious Cinnamon Roll to kick off your day? The problem with this famous pastry is the loads of calories, sugar and carbs that often accompany it.
Because we know that it’s impossible to ignore those sweet cravings (especially when we’re talking about Cinnamon Rolls!), we had our team of expert recipe developers create a Cinnamon Roll Muffin recipe that you can enjoy while following your South Beach Diet meal plan.
We know, it’s hard to envision biting into a warm and gooey Cinnamon Roll Muffin while staying on track with your net carbs. But we promise, this recipe checks off all the boxes, and each roll clocks in at just two Healthy Fats and 200 calories on your South Beach Diet meal plan.
Just be sure to log each Cinnamon Roll Muffin serving in the South Beach Tracker App. Research suggests consistently keeping track of your daily food intake can increase weight loss results—so download the Tracker App and get logging! You can easily log each Cinnamon Roll right here in the South Beach Tracker App >
No time for baking in the kitchen this week? No problem! Stock up on a few of our favorite South Beach breakfasts here >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 2 Healthy Fat
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 packet South Beach Diet Simply Fit Vanilla Shake Mix
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut oil melted (measured solid)
- ¼ cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 3 Tbsp. Swerve granulated sweetener
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a 12 muffin tin with cooking spray or line with baking cups. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Distribute the muffin batter evenly in each muffin cup. Bake for about 15 minutes. The muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool in the muffin tin for about 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, prepare your glaze by combining all ingredients and mixing until combined. Drizzle over the muffins.