Crunchy red bell peppers and shaved zucchini come together to create this refreshing recipe that’s filled with nutritious and delicious ingredients. Finished with a sprinkle of crumbled feta cheese and a drizzle of creamy dressing, this low-carb Zucchini Feta Salad recipe is perfect for your spring and summer menu.
The best part about this veggie recipe? The homemade dressing that’s filled with fresh flavor! Featuring a unique blend of cucumbers, shallots, fresh mint leaves, extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar and plain whole-milk Greek yogurt (or sour cream), it’s a dreamy drizzle for any salad you’re making. You could even use it as a marinade for meat and fish!
Healthy Hacks: Feel free to top this salad with other non-starchy veggies you love! We love it with cherry tomatoes and onions. You can even add fresh herbs like basil or parsley for extra low-cal flavor!
One serving of this Zucchini Feta Salad contains 168 calories, four grams of protein and six grams of net carbs. If you’re on the South Beach Diet weight loss plan, you can log this recipe as one Healthy Fat and one Vegetable in the South Beach Diet Tracker app. Feel free to serve it with a protein like baked fish, grilled steak or roasted chicken breast.
Here at South Beach Diet, zucchini is one of our favorite non-starchy vegetables! It’s versatile and pairs well with any flavors you’re craving. Check out some other delicious and low-carb zucchini recipes below:
- Pizza Zucchini Boats >
- Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats >
- Zucchini Chicken Enchiladas >
- 2-Step Creamy Avocado Pesto Zucchini Noodles >
- Low Carb Chicken Parm Zucchini Boats Recipe >
- 2-Step Garlic and Herb Zucchini Noodles >
- Bacon Wrapped Zucchini >
- Zesty Italian Zucchini Boats >
- Zucchini Lasagna >
Want easy and delicious meals delivered directly to your door? South Beach Diet is here for you! We offer easy-to-follow meal plans and convenient home delivery. Get started with a weight loss program today! >
This recipe is from the book, The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet, written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Vegetables
- 1⁄2 small cucumber, peeled, deseeded, and diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped mint leaves
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (or to taste)
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. plain whole-milk Greek yogurt or sour cream (optional)
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced or shaved
- 1 small (about 4 oz.) red bell pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled (or cut into small cubes) feta cheese
- Put the cucumber, shallot, mint leaves, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and yogurt (if using) into a blender and pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the zucchini, bell pepper, and feta cheese in a salad bowl, drizzle with the dressing, and toss lightly before dividing into 4 portions. Refrigerate the salad until you are ready to serve.