Warm Salmon and Asparagus SaladRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Salmon is seasoned and baked, then placed atop mesclun greens and served alongside perfectly roasted asparagus in this delicious dish that doesn’t disappoint. Serve it at your next dinner party or savor it solo. Either way, you’ll be happy you tried it.
If you can, make sure to roast your asparagus. Doing so imparts a deep, complex flavor that gives the ordinary steamed version a run for its money.
Can’t get enough salmon? Try these other healthy recipes:
- Smoked Salmon Omelet >
- Cucumber Salmon Salad Bites >
- Five Spice Salmon >
- Lemony Salmon & Green Beans >
- Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese Breakwiches >
- One Pan Moroccan Spiced Salmon Salad >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 2 Protein
- 3 Vegetables
- 2 pounds asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus extra for baking dish
- 4 (6-oz.) salmon fillets
- 2 Tbsp. coarse-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 5 oz. mesclun greens (6 cups)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Place asparagus in a single layer in a baking pan; drizzle with 2 teaspoons of the oil, season with salt and pepper, and turn to coat. Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- While asparagus is roasting, season salmon with salt and pepper. Lightly brush a baking dish with oil, add salmon, and bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place mustard, vinegar, remaining oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a glass jar with a lid. Close tightly and shake vigorously to combine; adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Combine greens and 2 tablespoons of the dressing in a mixing bowl; toss to coat. Drizzle remaining dressing over the fish and serve with asparagus and greens.