Smoked Salmon OmeletRecipe posted in: Breakfast
We’ve got a breakfast recipe you thought only chefs could make! This Smoked Salmon Omelet consists of a few simple ingredients and is topped off with delicious smoked salmon for the ultimate DIY meal.
Don’t let the fancy name fool you, this Salmon Omelet is super simple to whip up. In just two simple steps, you’ll be biting into a heart omelet that’s so tasty and filling, you’ll feel like you’re cheating on your diet. But we assure you, this Smoked Salmon Omelet is South-Beach-appoved and keto-friendly.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Protein
- 1 Extras
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 3 large eggs (or 2 large eggs and 2 large egg whites), lightly beaten
- 1 oz. smoked salmon, cut into thin strips
- 1 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add eggs and allow to set, 10 seconds. Sprinkle salmon, cream cheese, and chives over eggs.
- Scramble until just cooked, about 1 minute, being careful not to overcook. Season to taste with pepper, if desired. Serve hot.