Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese “Breakwiches”Recipe posted in: Breakfast
Smoked salmon is paired with smooth and tasty cream cheese and chopped chives in this deliciously warm and creamy morning meal that’s super simple to make.
The best part is, this recipe makes four servings, so you can get the family in on the healthy (and tasty!) a.m. action!
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
- 0.5 Healthy Fat
- 0.5 Lean Protein
- 2 Good Carbohydrates
- 8 slices thin-sliced whole-grain bread
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (1/4 cup)
- 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons trans-fat-free margarine
- Lay bread on a work surface; spread each slice with 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese. Divide smoked salmon among 4 of the slices. Sprinkle salmon evenly with chives and pepper. Top with remaining bread slices to make 4 sandwiches.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the margarine over medium heat. Add 2 sandwiches, weighed down with a heavy pan, and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining margarine and sandwiches. Cut sandwiches in half and serve warm.