Oven Fried Chicken with AlmondsRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Fried Chicken is a favorite among meat-lovers. There’s just something about biting into a tender piece of chicken that’s totally encased in a crunchy crust. Luckily, you don’t have to fry your chicken to get that fried taste. This recipe for Oven Fried Chicken with Almonds is cooked in the oven, and gets a crispy texture and faint nuttiness from almonds.
Finally, fried chicken without the guilt!
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1.5 Lean Protein
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2" thickness and cut into 12 pieces
- Sprig Italian parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, almonds, parsley, garlic, salt, thyme, and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Place the oil in a shallow dish. Dip the chicken first in the oil, then dredge in the crumb mixture. Place the chicken in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the center of a piece registers 170°F and the juices run clear. (Do not turn the chicken during cooking.)
- Garnish with the parsley.