Oven Fried Chicken with Almonds RecipeRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Fried Chicken is a favorite among meat-lovers. There’s just something about biting into a tender piece of chicken that’s totally encased in a crunchy crust. Luckily, you don’t have to fry your chicken to get that fried taste. This healthy recipe for Oven Fried Chicken with Almonds is cooked in the oven, and gets a crispy texture and faint nuttiness from almonds.
Finally, fried chicken without the guilt!
With the South Beach Diet’s proven diet programs and the Palm Weight Loss Blog’s healthy recipes detailing what to eat to lose weight, you’re already on your way to your own inspiring weight loss story.
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1.5 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2" thickness and cut into 12 pieces
- Sprig Italian parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, almonds, parsley, garlic, salt, thyme, and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Place the oil in a shallow dish. Dip the chicken first in the oil, then dredge in the crumb mixture. Place the chicken in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the center of a piece registers 170°F and the juices run clear. (Do not turn the chicken during cooking.)
- Garnish with the parsley.