“Souffle” Stuffed Chicken RecipeRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
This light and fluffy “Souffle” Stuffed Chicken recipe is one of our favorite ways to eat chicken. Not only is it delicious, it’s really easy to make, which means you can whip it up on those busy weeknights you need something fast.
Serve your stuffed chicken with a nice green salad for a well-rounded meal that will keep you satisfied on your way to your weight loss goal.
With the South Beach Diet’s proven diet programs and the Palm Weight Loss Blog’s healthy recipes detailing what to eat to lose weight, you’re already on your way to your own inspiring weight loss story.
Phase: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1.5 Lean Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 package (12 ounces) Stouffer's frozen spinach souffle, not thawed
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4" thickness
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, for garnish
- Slices lemon, for garnish
- Sprig parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the spinach souffle crosswise into 4 equal pieces. Top half of each whole breast with one of the pieces of souffle. Fold half of the chicken over the filling and fasten the edges with wooden picks.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes, or until golden. Discard the garlic. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for 7 minutes per side, or until well-browned on both sides.
- Remove the chicken breasts to an oven-proof dish. Bake in the over for 30 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 170°F and the juices run clear.
- While the chicken is baking, add the broth, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper to the large skillet. Heat to boiling. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is reduced about 1/2.
- To serve, remove and discard the wooden picks. Arrange the chicken on a warm serving platter, and spoon the sauce over the chicken. Garnish with the chopped parsley, lemon, and parsley sprig.