Almond Crusted Roasted Cauliflower SteaksRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Without cauliflower, many of our favorite low carb recipes wouldn’t be possible. We’re showing this non-starchy veggie some love by moving it from the side of your dish to the center stage of your dinner plate. Thick cauliflower steaks are coated in a crispy almond flour crust and roasted in the oven for a hearty main course. This meatless meal is unique twist on steak that turns cauliflower into “caulipower!”
If you’re interested in incorporating more plant-based meals into your routine, this cauliflower recipe is your answer. Using only seven clean, wholesome ingredients, you can create a delicious vegetarian meal that’s satisfying and packed with nutrients. According to Medical News Today, cauliflower is rich in vitamins K and C, folate, fiber and choline. It’s a nutritious addition to your healthy diet and can be incorporated into many different recipes. Click here to learn about the many health benefits of cauliflower! >
To make these roasted cauliflower steaks, preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set this aside and prep your head of cauliflower by removing any outer leaves. Slice the cauliflower head in half lengthwise through the stem, then cut it in half again crosswise through the stem to yield 4 quarters. Slice each quarter into two one-inch thick cauliflower steaks (this should yield eight steaks total).
Now that your cauliflower is ready, it’s time to create your assembly line for the almond flour crust. Whisk two large eggs in a bowl that’s wide enough to comfortably fit one of the cauliflower steaks. In a separate medium-sized bowl, stir together two cups of almond flour, salt and pepper to taste and a quarter teaspoon each of onion powder, garlic powder and chili flakes. Dunk each cauliflower piece into the eggs and allow any excess to drip away. Transfer the steaks to the almond flour mixture and coat both sides evenly. Place each breaded cauliflower steak onto the prepared sheet pan. Once all cauliflower is breaded, drizzle with two tablespoons of olive oil and bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Palm Pro Tip: Enjoy your roasted cauliflower steaks as a meatless meal or as a side dish with a Protein. It would pair perfectly with roasted chicken, turkey or fish. For a comprehensive list of acceptable Proteins, check out our extended Keto Friendly Grocery Guide here. >
One serving of these Almond Crusted Roasted Cauliflower Steaks contains 234 calories and one gram of net carbs. It counts as two Healthy Fats and one Vegetable on the South Beach Diet program. Healthy Fats are an essential piece to the keto friendly puzzle and it’s important to make sure that you’re eating enough of them. With a little help from the South Beach Diet Tracker app, you can easily stay accountable with your food intake, water and exercise every day. The handy macro tracker makes it easy to keep track of your Healthy Fats and Net Carbs throughout your weight loss journey.
Still have questions about net carbs? Find out everything you need to know right here! >
Here at The Palm Weight Loss Blog, we LOVE cauliflower. Why else would we feature it as one of our Nine South Beach Staples You Need in Your Fridge? This ivory, non-starchy veggie is the ultimate keto friendly swap for rice, pizza crust and mashed potatoes. Click here for four more Life-Changing Low Carb Swaps! >
Looking for more delicious ways to utilize cauliflower? Get inspired by these other low carb recipes:
- Cauliflower Crust Veggie Pizza >
- Homemade Calzone with Cauliflower Crust >
- Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs with Loaded Cauliflower Mash >
- Cauliflower Rice Shrimp Fajita Bowl >
- Cauliflower “Rice” and Ground Beef Stuffed Peppers >
- Cauliflower Crust Margherita Pizza >
- Chicken & Veggie Stuffed Cauliflower Crust Calzone >
- Keto Friendly Mediterranean Chicken Bowl >
While enjoying a healthy, homecooked dinner is great, it can be hard to fit cooking into your busy schedule. That’s why the South Beach Diet makes fully prepared meals that are delivered directly to your door! Shop our A La Carte store for tasty entrees featuring cauliflower, such as our Chicken and Veggies or Spicy Chicken and Riced Cauliflower. Click here to stock up your freezer with keto friendly meals! >
Eat clean and get healthy with low carb meals designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the South Beach Diet >
For even more recipes like this one, check out the book The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 2 Healthy Fat
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. chili flakes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Remove any outer leaves from the cauliflower. Cut it in half lengthwise through the stem, then cut in half again crosswise through the stem to yield 4 quarters. Slice each quarter into two 1-inch thick cauliflower steaks to yield 8 total.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl wide enough to comfortably fit one of the cauliflower steaks.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, stir together the almond flour, onion powder, garlic powder, chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- Dunk each cauliflower piece into the eggs and allow any excess to drip away. Transfer to the almond flour mixture and turn to coat both sides. Place each breaded cauliflower steak onto the prepared sheet pan.
- Once all cauliflower is breaded, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.