Breakfast TacosRecipe posted in: Breakfast
Start your morning with these easy Breakfast tacos that pack in the protein and flavor in five simple steps. Complete with an array of delicious and nutritious veggies, these Breakfast Tacos check off all the diet boxes, including keto-friendly.
Tacos are just as delicious in the morning, and we’ve got an easy recipe to become a permanent staple on your DIY menu. With lettuce cups as the base to these tasty tacos, this low carb and keto-friendly recipe is topped with red onion, jalapeno, tomato, avocado and cilantro for the ultimate taco experience—all while maintaining your healthy diet!
Phase: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
Servings: 2 (1 taco)
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Lean Protein
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded & diced
- 1/2 tomato, seeded & diced
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 2 Butter lettuce cups
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast (optional for a cheesy flavor)
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 Tbsp, EVOO
- Dice red onion, jalapeño,and tomato, and combine in a small bowl.
- Combine 2 eggs and nutritional yeast in a bowl, then scramble.
- Place scrambled eggs on a small pan and cook on low heat until cooked through. Top with salt and pepper.
- While eggs are cooking, mash avocado
- Place 2 butter lettuce cups on a plate and fill with scrambled eggs, fresh pico de gallo and mashed avocado. Top with finely chopped cilantro.