Breakfast TacosRecipe posted in: Breakfast
Start your morning with these easy Breakfast tacos that pack in protein and flavor in five simple steps. Complete with an array of delicious and nutritious veggies, these Breakfast Tacos are the perfect start to your morning.
Tacos are just as delicious in the morning. We’ve got an easy recipe that will quickly become a permanent staple on your DIY menu. With whole wheat tortillas as the base to these tasty tacos, this recipe is topped with onions, red bell peppers, tomato, sliced avocado and cilantro for the ultimate taco experience—all while maintaining your healthy diet!
Pro tip: To pump up the protein, feel free to top your taco with three ounces of cooked ground beef! Mix in a little sugar-free taco seasoning blend for even more of the classic taco flavors you love. Just be sure to count this addition as one additional Protein on your daily meal plan.
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious fully prepared meals designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the South Beach Diet >
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 2 (1 serving = 1 taco)
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 0.5 Protein
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 tomato, seeded & diced
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 2 medium whole wheat tortillas
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- Combine the onion, bell pepper and tomato in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs and nutritional yeast.
- Heat avocado oil in a small pan over low-medium heat. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook to a scramble until cooked through. Top with salt and pepper.
- Place 2 whole wheat tortillas on a plate and fill with scrambled eggs, onions, bell pepper, tomato and avocado. Garnish with cilantro and lime juice.